This course is designed for technical personnel in flour milling, quality control and assurance, new product development and research, as well as noodle manufacturers who require fundamental and practical knowledge of Asian noodle processing technology and flour quality requirements. The program will better prepare individuals to carry out technical service and quality assurance duties, and will aid them in present and future product development activities.
The course will provide participants with information on the following topics:
- Formulation and processing of various Asian noodles
- Functionality of ingredients in noodle processing
- Quality attributes of noodles
- Methods used for evaluation of noodle texture and appearance
- Flour quality requirements for various types of noodles
- Functionality of flour components related to noodle colour and texture
- Milling of wheat for noodle products
- Testing of flour quality for noodle processing and texture
Both lectures and practical hands-on sessions led by Cigi’s experienced Noodle and Asian Products staff, will be held on-site at the Canadian International Grains Institute (Cigi) in Winnipeg. Presentations will cover noodle classifications, raw materials for noodle processing, and wheat and flour quality requirements while practical sessions will focus on noodle processing and quality evaluation, milling of wheat for wheat noodle products and testing of flour quality. Special discussions can also be arranged to address specific participant needs.
Upcoming Dates and Online Registration
February 12–14, 2013
$1200 (plus GST)